News

3 more O.C. restaurants, including Michelin star winner Taco Maria, close with COVID-19 concerns – OCRegister


The novel coronavirus is a great leveler when it comes to restaurant closures. From fast food and casual eateries to fine dining rooms, many have been struggling with the issue.
This week one of Orange County’s only two Michelin-starred restaurants, Taco Maria, closed because an employee had been exposed to the virus. It will reopen Wednesday, Aug. 5  for takeout after proclaiming itself “COVID-free,” on Instagram.
Closures related to COVID-19 usually come to light when restaurants alert their customers on social media about deep cleaning or sick employees. Most Southern California county health departments add information about employee infections to reports on routine inspections or those spurred by COVID complaints, but Orange County Health Care Agency does not.
Heres a list of restaurants that have recently reported novel coronavirus concerns:
Cedar Creek Inn, San Juan Capistrano: An announcement on Facebook last week told customers that the restaurant would be closed for cleaning and sanitizing until Monday, Aug. 3 because an employee had been exposed to COVID-19. An update posted on Sunday stated that the closure has been extended until Monday, Aug. 10. cedarcreekinn.com.
Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens, Corona del Mar: The restaurant announced Wednesday, July, 29 on Facebook that an employee had COVID-19 and that it would close that night through Friday, July 31. It reopened for lunch service on Saturday, Aug. 1, offering takeout only for dinner. The message told diners that it hoped to reopen for dinner service by Wednesday, Aug. 12.  farmhouserg.com.
Hungry? Sign up for The Eat Index, our weekly food newsletter, and find out where to eat and get the latest restaurant happenings in Orange County. Subscribe here.
Taco Maria, Costa Mesa: Announced Thursday, July 30 on Instagram that it would be shuttering for the rest of the week awaiting results of an employee’s test for COVID-19. It posted an update on Instagram that it was “COVID-free” and reopening for takeout this week Wednesday-Saturday. tacomaria.com.
Here are updates on two restaurants that closed previously:
Bluegold/LXSO, Huntington Beach: The  Pacific City restaurant had planned to reopen on Wednesday, July 3, following its message Monday, June 29 on Instagram about a closure without saying whether it was because an employee was sick. But the restaurant decided to remain closed when restrictions on dining in were reinstated Monday, July 1. They are still closed temporarily with no reopening date set yet. dinebluegold.com.
Seabirds Kitchen: On Monday, July, 6, the South Coast Plaza restaurant announced that it would close because an employee tested positive for COVID-19. The restaurant does have a patio for outdoor dining but has decided to close for a few months, according to co-founder Bill Denton. seabirdskitchen.com.

Source : https://www.ocregister.com/3-more-o-c-restaurants-including-michelin-star-winner-taco-maria-close-with-covid-19-concerns

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button